ELA Webinar Series
“A Focus on Sustainability”
This webinar series is geared to landscape professionals, gardeners, and anyone who stewards the land. The series is presented through collaboration of the Ecological Landscape Alliance (ELA), the Chesapeake Conservation Landscaping Council (CCLC), ReScape, the American Public Gardens Association (APGA) and the Deep Roots Kansas City. Known regionally and nationally for their quality education programs, these organizations are working cooperatively to share knowledge and encourage conversations with landscape professionals and gardeners from around the country and the globe.
Interactive webinars are taught by experts from across the country and cover a wide range of topics relevant to sustainable landscapes. Additional webinars are being scheduled, so please check back often for an updated list of offerings.
Season 8 (2020-2021) Begins in September
- Why Rain Gardens Fail
September 23, 12:00-1:00pm ET; presented by Steven Torgerson
- A Holistic Guide for the Modern Land Steward
September 28, 12:00-1:00pm ET; presented by Trevor Smith
- Designing with Ferns: The Dependable and the Divisive
October 7, 12:00-1:00pm ET; presented by Leslie Duthie
- Meadows – If You Build It, They Will Come
October 21, 12:00-1:00pm ET; presented by Pennington Marchael
- A Stick in the Spokes: Meaningful Interventions in Landscape Systems
November 9, 12:00-1:00pm ET; presented by Laura Kuhn
- Deer-Resistant Native Groundcovers
November 16, 12:00-1:00pm ET; presented by Melissa Fabel
- The Challenges and Complexities of Ecological Gardens – A Five-Year Journal of Discoveries
November 17, 12:00-1:00pm ET; presented by Lori Silvia
- Evaluating Soil Health
November 18, 12:00-1:00pm ET; presented by Kirsten Kurtz
- What’s Growing on at Monticello
December 8, 12:00-1:00pm ET; presented by Keith Nevison
- Creating Outdoor Spaces that Connect Children with the Natural World
December 14, 12:00-1:00pm ET; presented by Nancy Striniste
- Expanding Biodiversity – Attracting Birds to Your Yard
January 27, 12:00-1:00 pm ET; presented by Becky Laboy
- The American Oaks – Diversity, Ecology, and Identification
February 3, 12:30-1:30 pm ET; presented by Tim Boland
- Oak Red-List Project – Main Threats to Oaks and Saving Oaks from Extinction
February 10, 12:30-1:30 pm ET; presented by Murphy Westwood
Archived Webinars Seasons 1-7 may be accessed for free by ELA Members. Click here to learn more about membership.
Are you an expert on a sustainable landscape topic ? Are you interested in presenting a webinar for ELA audience? Send your topic proposal and bio to: email@example.com.