Since its founding in 1992, the Ecological Landscape Alliance has been a leader in promoting sustainable approaches to landscape design, construction, and management. ELA’s commitment to innovative ideas and evidence-based practices has made the organization both a trusted resource and a vibrant community of landscape professionals and devoted gardeners.
The Ecological Landscape Alliance advocates for ecological landscape practices through education, collaboration, and outreach.
Everyone who interacts with the land is a steward whose actions are informed by an understanding of and respect for natural systems.
We are diverse in many ways but united in common purpose. We:
- Believe in using landscaping practices that are environmentally safe;
- Understand that natural systems are the best guide for learning how to develop and maintain healthy landscapes;
- Value landscaping methods that are based upon scientific studies and practical experience;
- Are committed to educating ourselves and others about ecological landscaping methods; and
- Strive to create a network of dedicated people who can be a powerful agent for change.
ELA’s growing membership includes:
- community activists
- conservation agents and commissioners
- federal, state, city, and town personnel
- irrigation specialists
- garden coaches
- gardening enthusiasts
- land planners
- landscape architects
- landscape designers
- landscape professionals
- landscape contractors
- lawn care professionals
- watershed personnel
- wetland scientists