Since its founding in 1992, the Ecological Landscape Alliance has been a leader in promoting sustainable approaches to landscape design, construction, and management. ELA’s commitment to innovative ideas and evidence-based practices has made the organization both a trusted resource and a vibrant community of landscape professionals and devoted gardeners.
Ecological Landscape Alliance educates, inspires, and empowers people to value biodiverse landscapes and employ ecological practices.
All people understand and respect their connection to natural systems and take informed action to support ecological landscapes.
- Curiosity: Through the spirit of inquiry and learning, we seek to conserve and improve the health of our living landscapes.
- Credibility: We promote ecologically sound landscape practices based in science, research, and cultural knowledge.
- Community: We build alliances to extend our community and to amplify our impact.
- Inclusivity: With intention and equity, we commit to facilitating diverse perspectives, solutions, and experiences.
- Respect: We honor the beauty and value of natural systems, ecological design, and ecological practices.
ELA’s growing membership includes:
- community activists
- conservation agents and commissioners
- federal, state, city, and town personnel
- irrigation specialists
- garden coaches
- gardening enthusiasts
- land planners
- landscape architects
- landscape designers
- landscape professionals
- landscape contractors
- lawn care professionals
- watershed personnel
- wetland scientists
Discover Ecological Landscaping Guide
New to ecological landscapes?
Download ELA’s Discover Ecological Landscaping Guide to learn more.