Sustainable Business Practices for Landscape Professionals
Webinar replay from March 21, 2023
Presented by Frank Crandall, Horticultural Solutions
Success in business requires training, discipline & hard work. In this presentation, Frank Crandall will present proven techniques for streamlining your business practices to improve your cash flow and bottom line. Some of the topics will include: Estimating/Job Costing, Marketing, Mission/Vision, Social Media, Management Tips, and Seasonal Cash Flow.
This presentation will help you to:
- Construct your business plan using an understanding of the national and local economy, and your values and vision.
- Understand the importance of an accurate estimating and job costing system.
- Calculate your company’s overhead and set yearly profit goals.
- Use your financial statements to improve your business’s economic health.
- Pursue Organic business opportunities to help the environment and increase revenue and profits.
- Use proven strategies to create a more successful, peaceful and prosperous life…and business!
Frank Crandall is the owner of Frank Crandall, Horticultural Solutions, LLC, a landscape design, installation and maintenance firm specializing in sustainable designs, organically maintained landscapes, and specialty pruning. Additionally, Frank conducts GEM Business Seminars, consults with New England horticultural firms, speaks at various industry venues, chairs the NOFA Educational Committee, and guest lectures at area colleges including URI, The Landscape Institute (Boston Architectural College), North Shore Community College, garden clubs, and environmental organizations. An author, Frank has written three books, his first book, “Lessons from the Landscape…My Path to Business Success and Personal Fulfillment” was published in 2005. In 2011 he published his second book: “The Essential Horticultural Business Handbook” which shares advice, techniques, forms, and recommendations to assist small horticultural businesses to become more focused, organized, and profitable. His most recent book is “Creating a More Peaceful, Successful and Happy Life…Today!”