- This event has passed.
Webinar: Mimicking Nature to Manage Water On-Site – A virtual tour at Stroud Water Research Center
Wed, September 9, 2020 @ 11:30 am EDT - 1:00 pm EDT
The Stroud Water Research Center was completed almost ten years ago. The Moorhead Environmental Complex’s goal was to manage water on the site in a way that mimics nature — leaving a smaller overall environmental footprint, better protecting the White Clay Creek, and acting as both a teaching vehicle and a replicable model for others to follow.
The water management at Stroud has succeeded but there have been challenges to overcome along the way. Join us for a round-table discussion among the designers, engineers, and client about “getting the water right” at the Moorhead Complex.
This webinar will begin with a virtual tour of the facility so participants can get acquainted with the project and overall site. Following the virtual tour, we will host a virtual round-table discussion that will focus on:
- Successes and failures of collaborative design
- Challenges and opportunities of operating a natural system
- Lessons learned from the project
- Celebrating the influence this project has had on design.
We are excited to be joined by several project team members and clients that were involved in the concept development and facility design. Participants include:
- Dave Arscott, President of The Stroud Water Research Center
- Jose Alminana, Principal, Andropogon Associates, Ltd
- Michele Adams, Founder & Principal, Meliora Design
- Scott Kelly, Co-Founder, Principal-in-Charge, Re:Vision Architecture
ELA is co-hosting this third event in the water series hosted by the Living Future Community of Green Building United. Please join us!
The ELA ecological community is invited to register for free. Use Discount Code: 10dollarsoff and click here to register through Green Building United.
1.5 Credits from Landscape Architect Continuing Education System (LA CES)
- Wed, September 9, 2020
11:30 am EDT - 1:00 pm EDT
- Event Category:
- Penny Lewis
Wed, March 31 @ 12:00 pm EDT - 1:00 pm EDT
Wed, April 7 @ 12:00 pm EDT - 1:00 pm EDT
Wed, April 14 @ 12:00 pm EDT - 1:00 pm EDT