- This event has passed.
Floodplain Management 101
Tue, June 30, 2020 @ 12:00 pm EDT - 1:00 pm EDT
Flooding is the #1 natural hazard to affect all Pennsylvanians. Attend this course to gain a holistic understanding of the regulatory requirements for development in floodplains.
This course will provide an overview on NFIP (National Flood Insurance Program) and current Pennsylvania floodplain regulations in the context of the Pennsylvania State’s model ordinance as well as International Construction Codes (ICC). Best practices and resources will be highlighted.
Participants will learn the responsibilities for design professionals and local floodplain administrators/managers for managing flood risks and loss through proper planning, permitting, and design.
Webinar is worth 1 AIA LU, 1 CFM credit, and 1 LA CES credit (Quiz Required).
- Learn the background to the NFIP and floodplain regulations
- Explore the floodplain model ordinances, zoning, and building code regulations
- Review guides and resources related to floodplain development
- Understand the roles, responsibilities, and duties of design professionals in floodplain management
ELA Member coupon code: 10dollarsoff.
- Tue, June 30, 2020
- 12:00 pm EDT - 1:00 pm EDT
- Event Category:
- ELA Office
- Wed, June 15 @ 12:00 pm EDT - 1:00 pm EDT
- Wed, June 22 @ 6:30 pm EDT - 7:30 pm EDT
- Wed, October 19 @ 6:30 pm EDT - 7:15 pm EDT